WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2020 | 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Executive Summit: The Future of Data, AI, and Work
Co-Chairs: Ritu Jyoti, Program VP, AI Research, Global AI Research Lead, IDC
David A. Bray, PhD, Inaugural Director, Atlantic Council GeoTech Center; Executive Director, Commission for the Geopolitical Impacts of New Technologies and Data
In the digital era, AI is at the center stage of business intelligence. Data is the core of the new digital economy and needs to be managed from edge to core to cloud and analyzed in near real time for insights. Due to the complexity and resources required
for AI, model creation tends to be time intensive, expensive, experimental, and often "one-off" solutions. Most organizations haven't made it beyond the incremental benefits of a single business process to full production agency wide. At AI World
Government 2020 agency and industry executives with experience confronting the challenges of operationalizing and scaling AI will discuss how they are dealing with roadblocks associated with both data and AI governance, lessons learned, strategies
in play to move forward, and taking responsible and ethical action to affect outcomes associated with data governance the future of work.
9:00 am Summit Kick Off
Ritu Jyoti, Program VP, AI Research, Global AI Research Lead, IDC
9:10 Three Perspectives on How Data Governance Regimes Challenge the Future of AI Globally
We face a very real short-term future where at least three different data governance regimes (Europe, China, and the United States) exist
– probably more for other countries as well. This session will focus on these challenges, as well as potential opportunities, with regards to the Future of Data and how we work with data.
- David A. Bray, PhD, Inaugural Director, Atlantic Council GeoTech Center; Executive Director, Commission for the Geopolitical Impacts of New Technologies and Data
- Joanne Lo, PhD, CEO, Attica AI
- Anthony Scriffignano, PhD, Senior Vice President & Chief Data Scientist, Dun & Bradstreet
9:35 Executive to be Announced
10:00 Executive Roundtable: How Data and AI are Changing How the Government Works
Data analytics and AI are changing how the government works – and even more changes are expected on the horizon. This roundtable will feature
experts “on the ground” helping to making it happen in their respective organizations in support of better public service for us all.
- Derry Goberdhansingh, CEO, Harper Paige
- Wendy Martinez, PhD, Director, Mathematical Statistics Research Center, Office of Survey Methods Research, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
10:35 Coffee Break - View Our Virtual Exhibit Hall
10:50 Executive Roundtable: Why the Future of Work is Being Shaped by Choices Tied to the Future of Data and AI
The Future of Work and the Future of Data are jointly intertwined – the choices we make regarding the use of
data and AI in the workplace will impact us all. This roundtable will feature experts who are seeing the early precursors on how data and AI impact how, where, and what we work on together.
Moderator: Amy Loomis, PhD, Research Director, Future of Work, IDC
- Rebecca Fair, CEO and Cofounder, Thresher
- Caryl N. Brzymialkiewicz, PhD, Chief Data and Analytics Officer, Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General
11:25 Executive to be Announced
12:00 pm Lunch Break - View Our Virtual Exhibit Hall - Visit with Keynotes in LIVE Q&A!